By Marilyn Uvero, PhD(cand), EdD, MSN, RN
In the midst of all that God has planned for us, we are blessed to have the opportunity to accomplish, if not all, most of it.
- For the Fall Mid-Quarter – we have submitted the WSCUC Self-Study Report while the MSN graduate programs’ efforts are focused on the virtual site visit in January 13-14, 2023, from the Board of Registered Nursing.
- The Undergraduate program – School of Nursing will submit its application to be a pilot program for the Competency-Based Education for Practice-Ready Nurse Graduates due on November 4, 2022.
- The School of Pharmacy’s new integration plan of the PassNaplexNOW
- General Education program is now headed by Dr. Coffman
- Tom Vessella and Ivy Javaluyas – efforts are focused on our assessment plans and outcomes
- New leadership for the SON-Graduate program: Dr. Gregory DeGrano
- Approval of the following strategic plan items: American University Research Academy (AURA); Outpatient Pediatrics; and Outpatient Pharmacy, and School of Medicine
As we move forward to building our high school American University Research Academy (AURA), let us support Terrell and Nellie in every way we can, and embrace their efforts in building our high school.
Here is our Strategic Plan prioritized for 2021-2026:
As part of the Five-Year Strategic Plan, the Institutional Academic Strategic Plan and Facility Development Strategic Plans have been prioritized in response to the growth of AUHS:
|1.0 School of Nursing: the need to expand programs in School of Nursing to offer the following new programs: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with three (3) Specializations: Nurse Educator (NE); Nurse Administrator, Leader, and Manage (NALM); and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Post-Graduate Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) – Family Nurse Practice (FNP) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).||ACHIEVED: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with three (3) Specializations: Nurse Educator (NE); Nurse Administrator, Leader, and Manage (NALM); and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Post-Graduate Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) – Family Nurse Practice (FNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – Approved by TRACS. Pending WSCUC submission: Projected Start – Spring 2023.
|2.0 School of Pharmacy: the need to offer the Doctor of Pharmacy Program||Achieved & Accredited in July 2022|
|3.0 Outpatient Pediatric Clinic: the need to provide pediatric clinical experience for the Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing and PharmD students; and meet the community needs for outpatient clinical services.||Approved.
Planning for next steps
|4.0 Outpatient Clinical Pharmacy Services: the need of the PharmD students for clinical experience and meet the needs of the community.||Approved.
Planning for next steps
|5.0 American University Research Academy (AURA), Science Technology Engineering Arts Mathematics (STEAM) Charter High School. AURA Preparatory Academic Charter High School: responding to the needs of underserved and minority high school students from grades 9-12.||Approved as Private High School – International Baccalaureate candidacy.
|6.0 School of Medicine: the need for primary care physicians serving underserved and minority population.||Approved. LCME re-application in progress.|
More on upcoming goals adding to the current University Strategic Plan 2021-2026. Thank you for all your hard work and commitment to continue working together.
“We work as one, we hold the line, and we do not break”